Saturday, December 02, 2006

Bo-Boo

Ever had a complete stranger call you a weird name?

I was in downtown Charlotte a few days ago, at a convention I had to attend for work. When I left, I headed straight for my car in a near by parking lot. As I'm making my way through it, I walk through an empty parking space that a man driving a van was trying to back into. Of course I didn't see him at first, so he had to wait on me to get out of the way before he could start backing up again. I realized (a little too late) that I had put him out. As I walked by the driver side, I noticed he had his window rolled down so I yelled, " Sorry about that!" To which he replied, "That's ok Bo-Boo," and then promptly turned his head back around so he could watch where he was going.

Meanwhile I'm thinking . . . What?!! Who calls a complete stranger Bo-Boo? It seems a little odd, but if I'm honest, after that split second of shock, I kind of liked the endearing remark. I giggled to myself as I walked the rest of the way to my car. I think it kind of made me feel special, or cared for, or something . . . and by a stranger at that! Maybe I didn't understand him correctly, but now I like this story too much to believe otherwise.

No comments: