Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Mexico

I just got back last Saturday from a beach vacation on Oak Island, NC with my family. I had a great time as always, but of course I missed Brian and was happy to see him again! I didn't take many pictures this year but here are a few from our time at the beach.

Mom and Dad on the swing


Colter, Caleb, Bridger, and Tucker playing in the sand


The face we made


We also have big news about this fall! Brian has been given the opportunity to play in the Mexican major leagues! We're very excited about it because he will be paid well, and it will be a good opportunity for American major league teams to see him pitch. I'm very excited about experiencing a different culture for a couple of months too! We will be living in Culiacan, Mexico which looks like a wonderful city from what I can gather off of the internet. It's only a few miles from the western coast. Brian will be flying out on October 3rd, and I will join him shortly thereafter. It's unknown how long the team will keep him there, but at the latest we should be home by mid December. I hate that I'll be missing my favorite time of year, Autumn, but this is such a great opportunity that we couldn't pass it up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really cool! GO Brian!!

Chris and Emily said...

Yea!! Congratulations!!