Wednesday, February 03, 2010

I've been a bad girl . . .

I'm such a bad blogger. It's been over a month since I've posted anything and so much has happened:

Brian came home!!! Weeks ago actually. I guess that's why I've been a bad blogger, I've just been relishing this time with him after missing him for 3 months!

I'm 35 weeks along and am growing by the mile! My belly feels so huge I can't imagine how it will get any bigger. Yet I know it will, some how.

We've officially decided on a name. Our precious little girl will be called Sage Catherine Adams. Both names, Sage and Catherine are very dear to us. Sage is unique, yet not hard to spell, and beautiful (to us at least). I also have a wonderful friend whose name is Sage and she is so dear to my heart. She was one of my first disciplers. She let me into her life, loved on me like none other, and by her example showed me what an intimate relationship with God could look like. Sage means "wise one" and it is certainly our prayer that our little girl would grow up to be a wise, discerning, passionate child of God. Catherine was my middle name, and I was named after my mom, Cathy. Therefore, we decided to keep it in the family and pass it on to the next generation as well. I would love nothing more than for my little girl to have some of the same Godly qualities as my mother and friend, Sage.

The nursery design is coming together! I hesitate to post any pictures because it's still very much in progress. However, I have created a mosaic of many of items and colors that will be used in the room. The middle square is the "inspiration fabric" that embodies most of the colors I wanted to use. The walls WILL NOT be pink. I like pink, but only in small doses. Therefore, the walls are green, sort of a light yellowish-green.



Some fun things I want to remember about this time . . . Brian heard that if the father reads to his baby while she's still in the womb she may recognize his voice once she's born. In fact, many newborns stop crying immediately after they're born once they hear their daddy's voice. Brian loves that idea. So every night before we go to sleep he reads a book to Sage. He also talks to her throughout the day just to say "hey," and he loves to ask her, "when are you going to come see us?" We want more than anything for her to be perfectly healthy, but we'd also like her to come a little early . . . like around March 6. Statistically most babies are born between the 40th and 41st week of pregnancy, so we may not get our wish considering her due date isn't until March 11.

One reason we'd like Sage to come a few days early (only if she's ready) is because Brian has to report to his team by March 16. He signed a contract to play for a team in Reynosa, Mexico this summer. Reynosa is just over the U.S./Mexico border so we'll be living in McAllen, Texas and Brian will commute back and forth over the border every day.



Needless to say, I don't know what we're going to do if Sage decides to be a week late! Daddy has to be present for her birth so we're praying she comes on time or a little early!

2 comments:

The Howell family said...

I was doing some dictations for Michael while pregnant with our first and so she heard his voice over and over and she really did recognize his voice and stop crying. Although, I don't think it takes that much repetition :)

kt said...

Love the name Sage - love the nursery - can't wait to meet her:)

We will pray for an early delivery for you!!!!