Wednesday, March 03, 2010

The Big 3-0


On March 9, I will officially be 30 years old! I can't say I'm looking forward to turning 30. In fact, I don't really mind that it will be overshadowed by the birth of our first child. I'm certainly not depressed about being 30, but it is the end of a decade. My 20's were so fun that it's a little hard to leave them! Not that there aren't perks to getting older. There are children to enjoy!! But I don't look forward to the physical decline sure to follow :) I hope to be like my dad: very fit and healthy through my 60's. However, that would require a lot more exercise that what I'm doing now. After this pregnancy is over, I think exercise will be a welcome release! I want so badly to be able to move without aching; to walk up the stairs without being out of breath! Let's just hope labor and delivery go well and I don't have any extended recovery time.

Speaking of labor and delivery, we should have a precious baby girl on our hands in a matter of days! I'm 39 weeks along, 4 cm dilated, 70% effaced, and started having contractions last night! However, they're not close enough together to go to the hospital yet, so for now I just get to bare through them. We are really looking forward to meeting this little person soon!

1 comment:

kt said...

Happy almost birthday!!!! I can't wait for Sage to come:) Love you!