Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Conference



We had a great mini vacation in Carefree, Arizona! Although we did stay pretty busy with all the conference activities. Brian and I learned a lot, and we felt so rejuvenated spiritually, that we've decided we're going to make an effort to attend every year. The main speaker was Joe Stowell, a pastor from Chicago, and he was outstanding. I highly recommend hearing him if you ever get the opportunity. He's written several books, one of which is called, "Radical Reliance." Brian has been reading it and says is very good. I didn't get a chance to take a lot of pictures, but here's one of a really cool cactus that was on the resort!





Here are some highlights from the conference:

1.) Hearing/Watching a comedian/magician who was supposedly voted "the world's best." I thought he was definitely right up there with the best!

2.) Getting to know other Christian professional baseball players and their wives.

3.) Getting to hang out with old friends we hadn't seen in a while.

4.) Learning new things about God, and myself.

5.) Two guys that Brian talked to at the juvenile prison accepted Jesus as their Savior!

6.) I'm sure I really would have liked the talent show and "time of sharing." Brian said it was great, but I had to miss it because of some stomach trouble. I don't know if I had a virus or food poisoning, but it wasn't fun. Hopefully I won't have to miss it next year!

No comments: