Monday, November 20, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

Like most people, Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays! It helps that it's during my favorite time of year - Autumn! I always have much to be thankful for too.

When my family gets together for the big meal, all of the women are assigned a dish or two to bring. I usually get put in charge of the macaroni and cheese. I like almost any kind of mac and cheese because it's one of my favorite foods. I usually prefer the creamy kind over the cassarole kind, but a few years ago my mom found a great recipe that you make in a crock pot. We all love it, so that's the recipe I use every Thanksgiving. Here it is:

Ingredients:

8 oz. elbow macaroni noodles
8-12 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated (don't use the pre-shredded kind you can buy in the bag, it's too dried out)
1 stick of margarine
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1 can evaporated milk
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Cook macaroni according to package directions. Add margarine to hot noodles. When melted, add other ingredients to noodles, and stir together. Cook in crock pot on low heat for 3 hours.

I'm also going to make a pumpkin cheesecake this year. I've never attempted to make a cheesecake, but I thought I'd give it a try. The recipe I found sounded really good! I'll let you know how it turns out, and share the recipe if it's as tasty as it sounds.

No comments: