Saturday, May 19, 2007

NJ

I have to say, I thought I wouldn't like someone else pumping my gas all the time. It's probably the control freak in me. I've learned to really appreciate the fact that all of New Jersey's gas stations are full service. The attendants are always friendly and if I want to pay with cash I don't have to go all the way inside to do so because you just pay the attendant. The best part about someone else pumping your gas is that you don't have to smell gasoline on your hands for the rest of the day! I don't feel obligated to tip either because I heard that gas prices are higher here because the stations are full service. I have no idea if that's true though.

Unfortunately, everything else up here is more expensive too. Groceries, houses, perscription drugs, baseball tickets, everything I can possibly imagine is cheaper down south. I'm hoping that means they'll pay me more, wherever I end up working. I applied at Ann Taylor the other day. I figured they might have flexible hours for their employees. We'll see!

This part of New Jersey is full of italian restaurants. There is a local pizza/pasta place on every corner! I bet Dominos and Pizza Hut struggle to do well in these parts. I've only gone to one italian restaurant so far, Alfonso's. It seemed authentic and I thought it was pretty good. I love the NY style pizza they have up here. It's so greasy and good! I'm anxious to try a little place just down the street, but since Brian's already sick of italian food I guess I'll have to wait until he's out of town to try it.

It's rainy and pretty chilly up here today. I'm hoping it either stops raining, or they cancel tonight's game. I don't enjoy watching a ball game in the cold and rain. If there's a suite available (unrented), and the weather's bad, they'll let the wives go up there and watch the game. It's so nice! There's comfy leather couches and chairs , a flat screen tv, and a great view of the field. Not sure we'll get that lucky tonight since it's Saturday and the game is likely to be highly attended.

Brian has pitched in four games and has made two starts so far. His record is 2-1 so he's done pretty well. His last start wasn't as good as his first one and he ended up getting the loss. That's ok though. You win some, you lose some. I'm just thankful that his arm feels good and he's enjoying playing the game!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I LOVED Alfonso's! It was such a treat to get to see the town with y'all and have a mental picture of what you are talking about!

Mom just called and said they are going to the game tonight - hope y'all get to see them!
Love!!