Saturday, July 14, 2007

All-Star Game Results

Brian and I had a good, but busy all-star break. It wasn't much of a break since he played in the all-star game, but that was fine with us! He pitched one inning and did very well: one strike out, two fly outs. The day before the game, there was a "gala" for the players and their families. There we got to meet Brooks Robinson, Gene Garber, and Tommy John (all famous baseball players). After the all-star game there was a reception that I was really looking forward to because I knew the food would be delicious! Among other things they served us beef tenderloin, crab cakes, and lobster ravioli. It was sooooooooo good! On Thursday we had an off day so Brian and I went to New York City. We didn't have much time, but we got to walk around Times Square, shop on Canal Street, and eat dinner at the ESPN Zone. As you can imagine, that's where Brian wanted to eat. Here are a few pictures from the all-star festivities and our short trip to NY.

The poor pig that was cooked for the gala:



Brian and Tommy John:



Opening ceremonies:



Brian takes the mound:



The "Rolex" Brian bought on Canal Street. He calls it his Frolex (combination of fake Rolex):



My new Coach purse, which Brian calls my "assistant coach" since it's also fake:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is that on BA's face? Did you guys just get done eating dirt pies, and he didn't wash his face yet? Seriously LA, I mean, I know he's an all-star, but he has to look presentable to the public. Just lick your thumb and wipe those smudges of his face..... Sounds to me like LA might be thinking of starting a Canal St. in Charlotte from all the time she's been spending there. I've got a supplier for NFL jersies!!