Thursday, July 26, 2007

Excitement

Although I don't have much to write about, it's been a while since I've updated this blog so I feel like I should write something today.

We've been in Long Island for the past 3 days. Brian didn't pitch so I was just going for the fun of it. He did pitch last night in Somerset and did a great job! He went 8 innings, only allowed one run, had six strike outs, and got the win. I'd say it was a good night! Today's game is at 11 am and I think I'll pass on going to it. It's just not much fun sitting in the heat and humidity for 3 hours with screaming kids. (On day games a lot of kids' camps come to the game, but I don't think any of them actually watch it.)

My friend, Jennifer, came to see me last week! She's doing an internship at Sesame Street in New York City this summer. Since it's just a train ride over to Somerset, she came to the game last Friday! It was so good to see her. We were good friends in college, but had not seen each other in a few years.



I'm struggling to find things to write about so I'll just fill you in on what else has been exciting for us lately. As for Brian, he's really pumped about one of his teammates, Jeff, giving him a bow to hunt with this off season. Apparently Jeff was given some really nice bows by bow-making companies when he was in the major leagues. Since Jeff is left handed he said he'd give Brian one!! Brian's always hunted with guns, but he's really thrilled about trying it with a bow. Someone's going to have to teach him though!

As for me, I'm getting really excited about the beach vacation with my family. It's coming up on August 11th! I've already begun to pack in my head. I may attempt to get everything in two carry-on bags so that I don't have to check any baggage. I fly out of the Philadelphia airport and I've heard that it's not only chaotic but that frequently your baggage doesn't get on your flight. Anyway, I'm glad it's a direct flight to Durham, NC and I get to ride with my cousins from the airport to the beach! Family traditions like our annual trip to the beach are great aren't they?

Well, that's about it for now. I'm off to finish our laundry!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa!!! Tell Jennifer she will have to get Elmo's autograph for Reagan. If you can pull that off I will be the best dad ever!!! I hope you are starting to touch up on you mexican. That is exciting news. Here is something you can memorize that might help your transition a little bit when you get there.... Megusta henano luchadores.,,,,,,,Just tell that to the locals and they will love you.