Sunday, July 05, 2009

An Unconventional 4th of July

While I'd love to say we spent the day on a lake somewhere soaking up the rays, doing a little water skiing, taking in God's beautiful creation and grilling out for dinner, our July 4th celebration wasn't quite so conventional. So while I would have loved to have spent the 4th here:




Instead we were at a baseball game (of course) which is pretty July 4th-ish!



I also fixed blackberry cobbler with ice cream after the game, which come to think of it, is also quite July 4th-ish . . .




That's where the patriotism ends though because the rest of the evening was spent watching Lord of the Rings.


That's right folks. Brian, Matt and I watched Lord of the Rings on July 4th. I bet there aren't many people in America who can say that. But hey, Lord of the Rings is a good, all-american movie, right? I guess. I mean, if you ignore the fact that J.R.R. Tolkien was English, and we celebrate the 4th because we declared our independence from Great Britain. Ok, so maybe we should have watched the Patriot, but at least it's a clean, wholesome flick.

No comments: