Thursday, October 28, 2010

Reunion

Fun fun fun! That was the name of the game from Oct. 15-Oct. 24! We started out in Atlanta for my sweet friend, Melissa's wedding. Some of my best girlfriends from college and I were bridesmaids, and we had some major laughs over the weekend. Like when I ran into the middle of the highway to grab a rather large portion of Shannon's dress that got ripped off by a tire because it was hanging out of our car on our way to the reception! Can you imagine seeing a woman in a purple strapless dress and heels running in the middle of the road? I'm sure it was quite a sight. But I was glad to do it for my precious, and pregnant friend. Ain't no shame in my game.

I also LOVED watching Melissa and her new hubby dance at the reception. You have never, in your life, seen a couple get down and live it up the way those two did. It was truly inspiring. And dramatic. They are two peas in a pod. It was such a privilege and incredibly entertaining to see them enjoying each other and their reception, no holds bar.






Dad played the piano for the wedding too. It was great to have him accompany me. I can honestly say this was the first wedding I sang in where I wasn't extremely nervous. I have no idea why, but I'm thankful.




So after the wedding our friends rented a house near Clemson for the week and it too was sooooooooooo fun . . . a college reunion of sorts. It was so refreshing to spend some quality time with these folks that I love so dearly, but rarely get to see. On Saturday we all went to the Clemson/GA Tech game, where our Tigers made us proud and gave those jackets a good old fashioned butt whoopin'! Seeing these precious friends brought back some really great memories, and to find out where some of them are now, what their doing with their lives, what God has taught them, etc. was priceless. And of course the laughs flowed freely too :) We've all vowed that we MUST do this every year!



To top it all off, I had the joy of singing "Lead Me to the Cross" by Hillsong on Sunday, which is one of my favorite songs. As I began to sing my eyes were closed, but during the middle of the song I opened them to find our entire congregation whole-heartedly, and some very emotionally, laying their financial commitments to the church at the foot of this huge cross. Literally, there was this enormous cross center stage. It was moving. Such a privilege. So humbling.

No comments: