Thursday, March 03, 2011

First Birthday

Can you believe it's been a whole year since our baby girl was born? I can't! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAGE!!!!!!!!!!! I am so very thankful that the Lord blessed us with such a happy, healthy child.

Forgive me if this post is boring to some of you, but as I've said before, I'm not keeping a baby book so I feel like I need to document these milestones somewhere. So, at one year of age Sage's favorite things to do are:

1.) Read. This is #1 on the list for a reason. She absolutely loves to crawl up in anyone's lap and have a good book read to her, especially books that rhyme like "Hand Hand Fingers Thumb" by Dr. Suess. This is usually what diaper change time looks like:





She also likes to just look at books on her own. When it's really quiet and I look around the corner to see what she's doing, 9 times out of 10 she is flipping through books.

2.) Sage is obsessed with pulling out EVERYTHING from any given shelf, cabinet or drawer. And believe me, the task is not complete until everything is out. Hurricane Sage comes through at least twice a day:



3.) This girl loves to walk. She's walking on her own now. I hold her hand when we're on concrete, but that's about it.

4.) Eating fruit (her fave food) as well as canned peas, cheerios and mom's homemade spaghetti. She had Nilla wafers for the first time the other day and of course loved them! Sugar, sugar, sugar!

5.) Waving bye-bye. It's quite a stiff wave. She keeps her hand still and moves her entire arm up and down.

6.) Laughing at herself in the mirror.

7.) Giving fuzzy animals kisses. We're still working on giving Mom and Dad more kisses :(

8.) Sage gets soooooooo excited when Daddy comes home. The minute she sees him coming through the door she squeals and her feet start going a mile a minute, in place (like running in place). It's hilarious. I guess that's just her way of showing excitement.

9.) Sage really likes other kids. She also likes to take whatever they are playing with. Oh boy. We'll have to nip that in the bud once she's old enough to understand.

10.) Sage calls me Mom most of the time. Literally, she pronounces the last "m" and I feel like my teenager is calling me! What happened to Mama? At 1 year of age she is also saying: Da or Dada (for Dad), Ba (for ball), Buh-buh (for bye-bye) and cah-cah (for the sound that a crow makes). That's about it really, accept for the funny noises she likes to make with her tongue.

The big birthday party is coming up this weekend! Well, not really "big" because it's just family, but I'll be sure to post pics!



No comments: