Friday, May 12, 2006

I'm officially a blogger!

Well, I've decided to jump on the bandwagon and become a blogger. My friend Melissa suggested I set up a "blog" long ago when I hardly knew what blogs were. After much thought, and with the addition of our new laptop, I figured this would be a good thing. It will be a good thing for many reasons which are listed below:

1.) I love reading my friends' blogs. It makes me feel like I'm a part of their daily lives. I keep in touch with most of my friends and family, but I miss not knowing what happens on a daily basis, even if it seems trivial.

2.) Therefore, blogs are a great way to keep family and friends updated on the latest happenings in my life, even if it is just my daily activities. My mom especially likes to know how we're doing all the time so I think she'll enjoy reading it.

3.) I find myself quite bored at work some days and "blogging" will be a good time killer.

I'm sure I'll think of more reasons later. As they come to me, I'll share them with you.

Anyway, today is my second day of work. I am working at the baseball field where Brian plays. I had this same job last year, but this year they gave me a raise! I'm the front office receptionist. The job is quite easy once you learn everyone's names and all the promotions going on. They even feed me dinner every night for free! Of course it's usually ballpark concession food which we all know is VERY healthy. I wasn't going to eat here tonight because I am planning on going home instead of staying to watch the game (since Brian isn't going to pitch). But around six o'clock I got really hungry and decided to go ahead and get something to eat. Usually I try to keep it as healthy as possible, but tonight I was a rebel. Tonight I was craving a hot dog, so I got one, and a box of popcorn (the good buttery and salty kind). Not only that, but I had a "Tab" soft drink. Does anybody remember Tab? I have no idea why it exists because it tastes exactly like Coke, and it's even made by the Coca-Cola company! In any case, the drink wasn't even diet, which I actually prefer. So, it was an all around rebellious and abnormal dinner for me tonight, but it sure was good.

Brian pitched last night for one inning, the ninth. It was so cold! I had to come inside for a while and go back out when the ninth inning started. He did well, but walked one batter. It was so cold and the wind was blowing so hard that I'm thankful he only walked one. I'm sure he couldn't feel his hands at all. As I said before, he's not supposed to pitch tonight so I don't think I'll try to brave the cold tonight. On tomorrow's entry I'll expand on the reason for naming my blog, "Wandering in the Desert."

No comments: