Monday, September 18, 2006

Redhawks are Northern League Champions!


Wooooooooooo Hooooooooooo!!!! The Redhawks won the Northern League Championship last night! I hope Brian's not on the bottom of that pile!

Brian pitched really well in Game #2 of the championship series, and got the win, but he didn't get to pitch in the final game last night. But that's ok. The starting pitcher for last night's game, Mark Michael, did a fantastic job pitching all nine innings. He was on a roll to say the least. We won it 1 to 0, and it seems like we've been partying ever since! The owner threw a party last night at a fun club appropriately named "Playmakers," and then we had another (more formal) dinner today.

All the festivities are over now, and many players have already begun their journey home. Brian and I will start driving back on Tuesday. I've got so much packing to do tomorrow. Yikes! I haven't even started yet. In any case, come Tuesday morning we'll have to say good bye to our dearly loved host family, and hit the road. As I've said before, I look forward to coming home, but it's sad leaving the people we've come to know and love in Fargo. Fish, you don't qualify. Just kidding! We'll definitley miss you Fish!

Since the season is now officially over for Brian there won't be as much baseball talk in my blog entries. I guess I'll have to get more creative and discuss other issues in our lives. Pretty soon I'm going to have to blog about my husband's addiction to Fantasy Football. It's unbelievable. Can a get an amen from any other wives out there?

Anyhow, back to the recently won championship, I've got lots of pictures of the on-field celebration that I'll try to email or post soon.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow, that's awesome!!! Congratulations Brian and fellow Redhawks!

And Linds, Amen on the fantasy football thing! Eric's fantasy team, the "Hebrew Nationals" are pretty good this year and I get to hear all about it! Only 2.5 more weeks until he comes home and I'll have to wrestle him away from the computer so I can write on my blog!

Anonymous said...

I don't think Brian has an obsession with fantasy football. He is merely very passionate about his team. He is a born leader LA, and when he gets his team together they rally behind him. It would be a disservice to mankind if BA didn't play fantasy football. I think you should give weekly updates on BA's team.