Monday, September 04, 2006

Top 5 Reasons I Like Fargo

Baseball has forced Brian and I to live in many different cities. I have thoroughly enjoyed all of them. For instance, Portland, Maine was very cool. It's probably not somewhere I'd want to live permanently, but it was so neat to experience it nonetheless. Huntsville, Alabama was awesome too. I could definitely live there! I loved the family atmosphere, the low crime rate, and living so close to the Tennessee River and the mountains. It had great restaurants too.

Anyway, in light of us leaving Fargo in two weeks I thought I'd share the top 5 reasons I think this city is a cool place to live.

1.) You can live in the country, own lots of land, and still only be 10 minutes from downtown.

2.) The summer weather is outstanding! Very little humidity, and there's usually a breeze. Temperatures can get up to 100, but it averages in the 80's during the summer.

3.) They like country music! I didn't think cities this far north would be into it.

4.) The people up here are very friendly, and they love pro baseball. The stadium where Brian plays sells out quite frequently with 5000 people in attendance.

5.) There are a ton of lakes around! In Columbia, if you say, "I'm going to the lake," everyone knows you're going to Lake Murray. When people say that up here, I have no idea which one they're going to! I love playing in the water: water skiing, tubing, jet skiing, etc., especially in a lake.

So there you have it. Fargo is great, but I'm glad we're coming home soon because winter is just around the corner, and they have harsh ones!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does Fargo have a restraunt comporable to the sports bar downtown Mobile where BA ate the kahuna tuna every day? I'm glad everything is going great and good luck in the play offs